Nature & Scope of Position:
This position is considered to be the core business activity within the company and contains a number of different tasks. Most activities in the Shop fall under the broad category of Operations Technician. A fully trained Operations Technician is able to complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the assembly, disassembly, inspection, balancing, airflow and test of a gas turbine engine in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulation
- Complete all documents related to the work being performed
- Receive incoming gas turbine engines
- Disassemble engines as required
- Visually inspect (and detail inspect for temporary periods) engine parts
- Perform borescope inspections on engines
- Balance rotating components
- Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies
- Flow test of individual components and assemblies
- Test engines and components
- Prepare engine for dispatch
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent with some post-secondary education required
- Preference will be given to individuals with education in the aerospace industry
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Engine Shop Technician, with preference being given to individuals who have work experience on the PT6A, PW100 or JT15D engines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torquing devices
- Familiarity with Vector Atlantic quality procedures and documentation including process documentation, parts routing procedures, engineering repair instructions, detailed work instructions and non-conformance report system
- Working knowledge of Pratt & Whitney Canada publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, parts catalogues and service bulletins
An individual in this capacity must be aware the position will involve:
- A requirement to be physically fit and posses sufficient strength to safely maneuver all parts requiring processing (using available hoists, etc.) without risk of personal injury or damage to the parts
- Must be willing to walk to various areas of the facility throughout the day
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
Tools and Equipment:
PPE required i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and any other PPR that is required to perform tasks in the area.
Work Conditions and Physical Abilities:
Combination of standing, pulling, bending, crouching, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, grasping, sitting, working with computers, operating a forklift and using specialty tools.
Worksite Environment: Working sometimes in an environment that contains humidity, chemicals and odors
To apply, forward your resume and a cover letter to HR. Please send resumes via email:firstname.lastname@example.org