We have an immediate opening for a Technical Library Assistant/Reception Relief position. This position is responsible for providing a positive and professional image of Vector Aerospace as being the first point of contact for both callers and visitors of the facility. Also, to assist the Technical Librarian in maintaining technical records and updating OEM manuals and other Quality/Engineering related documentation.
Technical Library Assistant
- Maintain, update and organizing the files in an appropriate indexed order.
- Assisting Technical Librarian with general office duties as required.
- Scanning for extensive periods at a time
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Navixa MRO, and Database applications
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Answering all incoming calls for Vector Atlantic (Summerside), Honeywell (approx. 10-15 calls per day) and Vector Atlantic USA (when needed) in a polite and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Cisco IP telephone system and internal paging is required.
- Route incoming calls to the proper extensions and/or departments.
- Receive and distribute messages in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Greet all visitors, clients, and vendors/suppliers of Vector Aerospace and Honeywell.
- Issue visitor badges for Vector Aerospace and Honeywell and ensure all visitors are signed in and out of facility and aware of evacuation procedures (policy 3.8 and 5.0 of Emergency Response plan).
- Ensure all visitors have a contact person who can be notified upon their arrival.
- Ensure all deliveries are done via: the shipping and receiving doors (Atlantic and Honeywell).
- Be aware evacuation plans.
- Accepting cash payments
- Assist in administrating weekly employee charity fundraisers.
- Sorting and distributing of all incoming mail.
To apply, forward your resume and a cover letter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.